Best Weeknight Pasta
January 23, 2015
- 4 Pesto Sausages from Lockeford Meat & Sausage
- 1 lb Penne Pasta
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 10 ozs Cherry Tomatoes, whole
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups Baby Arugula
- Boil pasta in well salted water until just al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy skillet, brown sausages on all sides, but don't burn!
- Turn heat down and thow in the garlic and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes. Add wine or broth to deglaze the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Drain pasta and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add cooked pasta. Take off heat, mix in arugula and enough reserved pasta water to moisten.
- Serve with a crusty loaf of French bread and a glass of Tizona by Bokisch Old Vine Zinfandel.