Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
March 12, 2015
- 1 leek
- 2 celery ribs
- 5 cups chicken stock (or water)
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1 preserved lemon rind
- 1/4 cup dill
- In a large stock pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add chopped leek and celery. Cook until soft but not browned, (~ 5 minutes), stirring often.
- Add the chicken stock (or water is an option) and bring to a boil.
- Add the orzo and preserved lemon, cook to al dente (~8 minutes)
- Take off the heat and add the chicken and dill.
It really is that easy! Serve this with a cheese platter or a salad and some crusty french bread. You won’t want to stop at one bowl.