Carmelized Pearl Onions and Manchego Skewers
- Small Red Pearl Onions
- 1/4 cup Rosado (Rosé) Wine
- 1 1/2 tbsps Sugar
- Manchego Cheese, cut into squares or triangles
- Boil onions in water for 1 minute then plunge in ice water. Slip off skins.
- Poach onions in wine and sugar mixture for 10 minutes on med heat or until tender and liquid is reduced to syrup (2-3 tablespoons).
- Let onions cool on plate, reserve syrup in pan.
- Skewer onions and cheese as pictured, drizzle with syrup.
Notes: Try using a younger, softer version of Manchego so that it doesn’t crumble when pierced by the skewer. Baby pearl onions are best to make this a bite sized appetitzer.
Serve with our dry white wine, Verdelho.