- 4 cups Pomegranate Juice (whole bottle of "Pom" juice)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Stir all ingredients in a pan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- When mixture begins to simmer, lower heat if needed to maintain simmer.
- Stir occasionally and make sure it doesn't raise to a high boil, or the juice will become bitter and burnt tasting.
- When mixture has reduced to about 1/2 to 1/3 of its volume and coats a wooden spoon (about 1 hour or so), take it off heat and let it cool in the pan.
- Keep syrup in a jar in the refrigerator.
Use this syrup to drizzle over a salad, mix in a vinaigrette, finish a rice pilaf, or glaze roasted chicken. It complements and raises many of your favorite recipes, try it!